Last Updated: 7/7/2020
These are the key messages regarding the Coronavirus disease outbreak, for families of Brunswick East Primary School (BEPS) students as we head back for term 3:
As of 7 July 2020
Students start back on 20 July 2020:
- The Victorian term commences on Monday, 20 July for teachers and support staff.
- This will give Teachers a week to plan for the rest of the term.
- Return to school is for all students.
- Return to school will be accompanied by a staggered start and finish time for students. This process ensures the social distancing of Adults bringing children to school.
- Students will also have staggered lunchtimes.
- Specific information about times and procedures will be sent to all BEPS families.
- At the moment particular locations have additional restrictions placed upon them. However, in all restricted areas, residents are allowed to travel to school. This will involve parents and carers from these areas bringing their children to school.
- No matter what your postcode, it is essential that all adults maintain a safe social distance, do not bring your child to school if they are sick.
For all On-site provision
- When on-site learning is provided, suitable hygiene practices will be used; physical distancing will be implemented to the extent feasible, and unwell students and staff will be excluded from attending.
Before and After School Care will resume.
- If you need this service the children must be booked in. Contact Rena with any inquiries – 9387 2631 or go to https://www.beps.vic.edu.au/oshc/ for more information.
Parents and Carers will not be permitted to come on-site without explicit permission from the Principal.
Please, remember that many people are anxious at the moment. None of us have been in this situation before and we are learning as we go. We do not have unrealistic expectations of what families can do and we will support you, as you support us. Together we will do the very best that we can. We will also take it one step at a time. We have no wish to overwhelm anybody.
Make sure that you take care of your physical and mental health and remember there is always help available. You never have to do it alone.