Last Updated: 31/5/2020
These are the key messages regarding the Coronavirus disease outbreak, for families of Brunswick East Primary School (BEPS) students:
At this stage:
- Transition to flexible and remote learning began on Wednesday 15th April, to increase physical distancing across the population and slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), all BEPS students moved to remote and flexible learning at the commencement of Term 2, so that all students who can learn from home must learn at home.
- Children in Victorian government schools have been undertaking remote and flexible learning and care since the start of Term 2 and they have done some excellent learning during that time.
As of 12 May, 2020:
- The Victorian government announced that students, teachers and support staff can return to face-to-face teaching. This follows advice from the Victorian Chief Health Officer and in line with gradual relaxing of isolation rules within the community.
- This will give the Victorian Chief Health Officer and Government time to monitor and evaluate the effects that the staged return to school has on the increased movement of people and transmission within the community.
- BEPS began a staged return from remote and flexible learning on Tuesday 26 May, 2020.
Stage 1: 26 May
- Return to on-site schooling for:
- Grade 1
- Grade 2
- Grade 3
- Return to on-site learning was accompanied by a staggered start and finish time for students. This process ensures social distancing of Adults bringing children to school.
- Before and After School Care resumed on 26 May 2020. If you need this service the children must be booked in. Contact Rena with any inquiries – 9387 2631 or go to https://www.beps.vic.edu.au/oshc/ for more information.
- Remote and flexible learning will continue for the Grade 4, Grade 5 and Grade 6 students until Tuesday 9 June.
- During the two weeks (26 May to 9 June), the existing model of on-site schooling for students who cannot be supervised at home and vulnerable children will stay in place.
- For all On-site provision
- When on-site learning is provided, suitable hygiene practices will be used; physical distancing will be implemented to the extent feasible and unwell students and staff will be excluded from attending.
Stage 2: 9 June
- Return to on-site schooling for all students.
- All students will be expected to attend school as normal.
- Staggered start and finish times will remain in place after 9 June. Specific information about times and procedures will be sent to all BEPS families.
Please remember that none of us have done this before. We are learning as much as you and we do not have unrealistic expectations of what families are able to do and we will support you, as you support us. Together we will do the very best that we can. We will also take it step at a time, there is no wish to overwhelm anybody.
Please make sure that you take care of your physical and mental health and remember there is always help available. You never have to do it alone.